mixture and alligation aptitude banner

Mixture and Alligation

A Mixture is mixing two or more things together, and Alligation helps us to find the ratio in which the ingredients/ things have been mixed and at what price they are sold to earn a profit or incur a loss.

Real-Life Applications of Mixture and Alligation

Real-life examples where the concept of Mixture and Alligation is involved are:

Application 1:

Imagine that you need to make tea. You have milk, but not enough for four people. You must now combine 60% milk and 40% water. How do you make tea in the right proportions without ruining the taste?

Application 2:

Imagine we have two bottles of juice mixes, one with a juice concentration of 80% and the other with a juice concentration of 20%. How will you provide juice with a 50% concentration to your visitor?

ad vertical

Mixture and Alligation Aptitude Resources

The resources mentioned below can help you with your Mixture and Alligation aptitude preparation.

concepts

1. Concepts

Learn important concepts related to Mixture and Alligation. Once you begin comprehending what has to be assessed, you develop a better understanding of the nature of the questions.

View More
formulas

2. Formulas

Learn important formulas linked to the Mixture and Alligation problems that can help you answer the questions quickly and develop a greater understanding of the concepts.

View More
practice

3. Practice Problems

Practice sample problems related to the Mixture and Alligation topic. A candidate is more likely to comprehend the concept and improve their speed and precision the more questions they practice.

View More
ad

FAQs

How important is Mixture and Alligation topic in placement examinations?

Mixture and Alligation topic carry medium weightage in the Quantitative Aptitude examinations.

Is Mixture and Alligation difficult to learn?

No, Mixture and Alligation topic is not difficult to understand. Students must practice Mixture and Alligation on a daily basis and memorise formulas to address the problems accurately. Students must also learn different shortcuts & tricks to improve their solving speed.

What is the fastest and most effective way to learn the Mixture and Alligation topic?

Students must understand the foundations and formulas of Mixture and Alligation. They should be informed of the shortcuts and tricks for various types of questions on the topic. They must practice on a daily basis before taking a weekly mock exam.

ad vertical