Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Most Important Quantitative Aptitude Topics for IT Companies
Placement season is coming, and students throughout the country are gearing up. A software company’s placement process typically consists of 3 to 4 rounds. The first round consists of a written exam in which you will be evaluated on the Quantitative Aptitude test.
However, because of the broad syllabus of Quantitative Aptitude, it is challenging for students to determine which topics are important in their preparations. Thus, it’s natural that every student wishes to specially prepare well for important aptitude topics for software companies before their placements.
So, to effectively address the challenge, we have created a list of the most important quantitative aptitude topics for IT companies.
Following are the Important Quantitative Aptitude topics for IT Companies :
|S.No||Important Topics||Expected No. of Questions||Level of Difficulty||Practice Page Link
|1.||Time and Work||5-6||Easy||Practice Now|
|2.||Time, Speed and Distance||5-6||Medium||Practice Now|
|3.||Permutations and Combinations||4-5||Difficult||Practice Now
|7.||Profit and Loss||2-3||Medium||Practice Now|
|8.||Ratio and Proportion||1-2||Easy||Practice Now
Now that you understand the best topics for aptitude test in IT companies, you must focus on dividing the time effectively for each topic.
You can master the easy ones first and then move on to more difficult quantitative aptitude topics for placement exams like probability, permutation and combinations, number systems, etc.
Why Quantitative Aptitude Section is Asked in IT Companies
Many students wonder, “Why Are You Tested for Quantitative Aptitude in IT Companies?” as they begin their placement preparation.
In recent years, Quantitative Aptitude tests have become the standard for almost all competitive exams in India. And students who score well in their Quantitative Aptitude examinations are more likely to demonstrate excellent problem-solving abilities, thinking abilities, quick decision-making skills, etc.
Companies value these skills because they could help them achieve greater success.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which aptitude topics are asked in IT companies?
The Most Common Aptitude Topics asked in IT companies are Time & Work, Distance & Speed, Permutations and Combinations, and Percentage & Numbers.
2. Why is the importance given to quantitative aptitude in software companies rounds?
Quantitative Aptitude is considered extremely important for placement preparation as it helps the companies assess the problem solving skills, accuracy, attention to detail, reasoning abilities and under-pressure performance skills in a potential candidate.
3. How to prepare for quantitative aptitude for IT companies?
To prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for placements in IT companies, you must follow these basic steps:
- Thoroughly research about the placement exams, its dates, new pattern, toppers interviews, or any other news.
- Know the syllabus and map out your strengths and weaknesses.
- Get guidance/coaching/study material from credible sources.
- Understand the concepts from the start.
- Learn shortcuts, tricks and tips to improve your performance.
- Keep practicing with test papers and maintain good time management.
We hope this article helps you identify the most important Quantitative Aptitude Topics for IT Companies. Feel free to reach out to us in the comment section, if you have any suggestions or queries.
Explore Quantitative Aptitude Guides
- Quantitative Aptitude Accuracy Guide
- Quantitative Aptitude Easiest Topics
- Quantitative Aptitude Learning Order
- Quantitative Aptitude Scoring Guide
- Quantitative Aptitude Solving Guide
- Quantitative Aptitude Speed Guide
- Quantitative Aptitude Topics for Placement Exams
Explore More Quantitative Aptitude Resources
Quantitative Aptitude Cheat Sheet
Quantitative Aptitude is a crucial aspect of many exams, interviews, and job placements. It requires the ability to perform mathematical …
Best Telegram Channels to Learn Quantitative Aptitude
Are you struggling to improve your Quantitative Aptitude skills? Do you want to find reliable resources to help you learn …